Stigzler Bio

Say hi and tell us where your're from and what you're into.
stigzler
Founder

Roles

Accolades

#1 Stigzler Bio

Post by stigzler »

I first got into retro gaming around 2013 where I found myself with some time on my hands and remembered about MAME. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was building my own arcade machine!

It turned out to be a bit of a rabbit hole, and led to all kinds of related things like:
  • Custom console builds with sbcs (e.g. turning an old units into emulator machines - Atari 2600, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, old png machines)
  • Teaching myself to code and releasing various retro-gaming related software (see here)
  • Writing plugins for various software (including GameEx, my FrontEnd of choice - well, until OmniGameZ of course!)

In a funny way, my arcade cabinet has been the fulcrum to all my developments in this hobby. It's still not finished - mainly because a couple of years ago, I decided I couldn't find a FrontEnd that could do everything that I wanted. So naturally I decided to code my own. 18 months later, I'm still toiling away at it!

So yeah - this is my main project presently and quite a big one. Anyways, back to coding....

👱